JACK – Essential iPad music Apps
JACK is a free audio / midi App connection kit that turns your ipad audio apps into a completely modular audio and data machine.
This is what they say about Jack on the website:
“JACK is more than just one iOS app. It is a system that connects the music and audio world on your iOS device. JACK allows audio channels and MIDI ports of your audio & music apps to be connected with each other. It does not force a predefined schema in which way apps shall be connected with each other. You can freely connect them in any way you want, intuitively like drawing on a paper. Besides audio & MIDI interconnection, JACK provides other very useful mechanisms to let your audio apps work together like never before. For example record/playback synchronization between DAWs and sequencer apps. Arbitrary data sharing among apps and much more. Even though JACK is quite new on iOS, it already came a long way. “
- Audio connections between apps and external devices¹.
- MIDI connections between apps and external devices¹.
- Record/Playback synchronization between apps.
- Multi Core CPU support for high performance (parallelized internal audio graph).
- Low Latency Performance (configurable, i.e. 2ms buffer sizes).
- Arbitrary, custom data sharing among apps (allows easy extensions of the system).
- Arbitrary amount of audio & MIDI ports per app, changeable at runtime.
- Intuitive user interface that allows you to easily manage all audio and MIDI connections, environment settings, monitor current overall CPU usage and more …