iPad & iPhone Guitar interface – Apogee Jam
If you really want to focus on using Garage Band on your iPad or improve the quality of your iPhone 4 guitar input the Apogee Jam is probably the next step up on the guitar or bass guitar ladder. For the current price of $99 JAM delivers a premium digital converter featuring PureDIGITAL technology.
JAM is the first high quality interface that makes a direct digital connection to the 30-pin connector on iPad and iPhone. You can also connect JAM to the Mac by USB. Very simple to set up, with no batteries or power supply and no downloads required JAM has a soft limit function and three stage LED to handle your sound levels.
- PureDIGITAL instrument connection for pristine sound quality
- Designed specifically for electric guitar and electric bass
- Optimized for active and passive pickups
- No configuration, just plug in and play
- Easily adjust input levels for any instrument
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Made for GarageBand, Logic, and MainStage
- Works with iPad, iPhone 4 and Mac
- MFi certified by Apple
- 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion
- Auto Soft Limit for optimal input level
Hands Free Guitar recording interface GiO
If you want to step up to completely handsfree recording and jamming, without having to stop and use your mouse, then Apogee’s GiO might be exactly what you need, replacing the JAM altogether with a cool looking foot pedal /controller – that way you never have to stop the creative flow when you’re playing the guitar.